Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Time in Illinois - Part 1

So...I am finally getting around to writing about Bobby and I's trip to Illinois. We came home on Sunday night to both his dogs having ticks....yes, ticks. And lots of them. So, after flea and tick dips, buzz cuts for the dog, spraying the yard a million times, checking the dogs over and over for more ticks, and spraying the house down too, we've mostly recovered from that ordeal. Piper, our dog we just "acquired" six weeks or so ago (stray from the streets), got her hair buzzed off because of all of this...she looks even cuter now...and I'm sure she's soooo much cooler too!


There are a bunch of pictures and stuff to share, so I think I am going to do this in pieces...so this is Part 1.


Anyway, Illinois was awesome....couldn't have had a better week at home (except if my friend Jen was home). Bobby and I spent a ton of time with my parents, my sister and Ryan, and of course, Kiara. Both Bobby and I worked most the days were were in Illinois, so it made it a bit more hectic...but it was well worth it! Bobby got to spend some time with my dad, fishing, going to the coffee shop, going on a home inspection...so he was really happy about that. Also, Kiara also warmed up to Bobby this trip to the point that I think he should be her full-time "eat three more bites" coach. He made it look easy to get her to finish her food...and not just the dessert! You could just tell that she really feels super comfy with him now...which was endearing to see. Oh...and my family and I taught Bobby how to play Euchre (card game). If you are raised on my mom's side of the family, you pretty much come out of the womb knowing how to play the game. Bobby has wanted to learn for a while...and he did...and I hate to admit it, but he beat my Dad and I both times we played (once partnered with my mom, and once partnered with my cousin Travis). It's alright...I'll get him back soon. Now that he knows how to play, we are going to strike up some games with his neighbors.



Like I mentioned before though, I was Kiara's favorite for most of the week...and I just ate that up. One of the first nights there, we went and ate at Alexander's for a good steak, one night, and we took her home from there and she spent the night at mom and dad's that night. She normally sleeps with mom...except with me there, I got that honor instead. I'm a hot sleeper and from what I have heard about Kiara sleeping, she likes to nuzzle up to you...so I was hoping that I wouldn't burn up. All in all, it was a nice night of sleep with the little one...I had about six inches at the edge of the bed for my sleeping spot - she was like a little puppy sleeping next to it's mom...but other than that, it was a nice little night's sleep with her. And, I felt pretty fortunate that I didn't' get the jabs to the ribs from her legs that she is known for! =)


Here are some other pics of Kiara from the night at Alexanders....way too cute for her own good!









Just a slight ham!



Bobby and I also got a night out with Andrea and her man, Corey. We ate at Firehouse Pizza...which was another "must eat" place when we were there. Then, we decided to do a little karaoke too (who would've thought???). We had a cool night with Andrea and Corey...got to see them and chat and then sing a little as well. Here are a couple pics from that night too.





Well...that's it for now...I'll write more in a day or so. Chief's game and family fun at the pool are the topics! =)

No comments: