Thursday, July 24, 2008

More on our Illinois Trip - Part 2 (and a little extra about my nutty day)

I'm back! although, I think it's a miracle I am here today! I went out this afternoon to do a few errands...first stop, get cash out...check. Next stop, CVS for some necessities, check, wait, where's my ATM/Check card???? Crap! I didn't get it out of the machine when I was through! Ugh! So...a half hour later after talking to a Chase employee, I have a card on rush order to be delivered in two days...and he did that for me for free...lucky me! But, yeah, call Chase crazy, but the same Chase ATM machine that my card got sucked back into because of my stupid mistake, they can't get into because they don't "service" the ATM that is located at their bank. HUH?! Oh well...I have one on rush order, so I will consider myself lucky.

Next up for my afternoon, time to get gas....it's been almost six weeks since I filled up my tank...yes, six weeks! Aaaahhh...the luxuries of working from home. Anyway, before I brag too much, I'll finish my story. =) I pulled up to the pump, and somehow, made it outside my car with my credit card and that's it....which normally is fine, except when you lock your door on the way out! UGH! In shock...I pumped my gas ($64...yuck!) and then realized I didn't have a cell phone to call Bobby. Went inside and called him from a normal phone and he was wonderful and came and got me. I have PLENTY of spare sets of keys...two extra...but silly me, haven't given one to Bobby yet...and as I had feared...they were both still in my purse from the move....therefore, meaningless at this point. So...I had to call a locksmith and wait around the gas station with Bobby for 40 minutes until the locksmith came. Literally 20 seconds after he started on my car, he unlocked it....crazy. So...$80 later for his 20 seconds of work (what's that come to? $4 a second!)...I had my doors opened. The best part is that I opted for the roadside assistance with my insurance here, so I stopped by my agent on the way home and I already have an $80 check...woohoo! I figure at this rate, I probably should just sit on my couch and be very simple for the rest of the night! Oh...I did find a $20 in the parking lot today...no one around, so I did take it....but kind of felt guilty. Didn't know what else to do about a lost $20 with no owner in sight....so hey...I'm actually $20 richer for this crazy day! =) Oh...and I did give Bobby one set of my keys before I left and put the other set in my apartment...so I should be all good now!

Okay...a few more updates on our trip to Illinois. Let's see....oh...Bobby and I took Friday off and went and visited family in Washburn. It was really great to see everyone...grandma and grandpa Hinck, grandma Betty, Aunt Margie, Uncle Dan, Alissa, Bryce, Erica, Travis, Lexi and Brookelyn. First time that I had seen little Brookelyn....and she was cuter than her pictures even! She was adorable...I already envy her hair color and skin color! Lexi was more adorable than I remembered too....chatting away, she was sooooo cute. Check out the pics below.




After seeing the family, Bobby and I drove to Tanner's Orchard, a local apple orchard. While there weren't many apples in season yet there...we still took advantage of the bakery and got ourselves an apple dumpling....um.....YUM. We walked out of there buying a couple pies and took a couple pics too. Enjoy.





We went to a Chief's game that Friday night with the family, which was very cool since Bobby had never been there before. It was MUG-GY...yikes. And the bugs, oh...the bugs. They liked me and were driving me crazy by the end...but in the end, had a great time...and it was actually was a great game...maybe I should pay attention more often! Here are a couple pics from the night.





Saturday, we had a lazy morning and then had a few family and friends pop by to say hi and hang at the pool. Andrea, Corey, and Landon (Corey's son) stopped by first and I got to meet Landon for the first time. Such a cute little boy...so cute. I really appreciated that they stopped by to say goodbye. Then, my cousin Lori, her daughter Payton, and my Aunt Sandy stopped by for swimming and dinner. We had a great time catching up and Kiara and Payton played together...and had a great time - even with a little falling on the concrete accident and some screaming...eventually all calmed down again. We took some pics of the girls eating a pink icing cupcake...too cute. Also, one of the two of them "hiding" in the stuffed animals. So cute...and then they wanted Nikki and I to do the same....so we tried our best! Enjoy the pics.




Bobby and I left on Sunday, Dad and Mom drove us to St. Louis to the airport...and it was a bitter sweet goodbye. I want to come back at least once again before the wedding...maybe more if I need to for work as well. I enjoyed my time so much, and I know that Bobby did too. We miss everyone soooo much....we always welcome visitors here in AZ too! Thanks especially to Dad and Mom for making the trip amazing for us. Also, my sister and Ryan...they did a lot of traveling to make sure and take advantage of me being home. I love you all!

1 comment:

Nichole said...

Why do the little ones look so much cuter than us in the stuffed animals?! I can't believe you posted that picture! We had a great time, too and miss you guys. You really had a nutty day, but I am glad it all turned out alright in the end.