Sunday, March 8, 2009

Parent's Visit

Bobby, the girls and I were lucky to have my parents come for several days last weekend. All in all, it was a great weekend together...the time spent was awesome. We got to catch a Cubs spring training game at the facility near where we live (against the Padres). It was fun to go there, see some of the big names (although not as many as I thought there would be playing!) and see the facility. The downside was Mr. Ineverstoptalking sitting behind us. It actually was interesting after you got over the annoyance factor, listening to what he talked about - CONSTANTLY. From pregnancy to his girlfriends hair color to tattoos....wow! We heard it all! =) Anyway, the Cubbies lost...figures! But it was a good day with my parents.

Also, I finallly got up to a mountain to hike...my Dad had been a couple times before, and we all went with him this time to Thunderbird Mountains. There are tons of trails, ranging from flat trails to steep climbs. It was a blast. Dad, Mom, and I went on another day to a harder segment of the mountains and trails...and those were difficult! It was some steep climbing over rocks! And then on the way down it was pretty rocky with gravel...going on a significant downhill slope with loose gravel was a bit scary sometimes...I slipped a few times, but luckily caught myself in time! Sure got my heartbeat going though!

I am so excited to go more! In fact, Bobby and I took the girls with us yesterday to do one of the milder trails. We all had a great time then too! The entire family (sister, bro-in-law, two girls and Dad and Mom) comes at the end of April, so can't wait to try some trails with them as well. Here are a couple shots from the the first day's climb!

It looks a lot higher in person!
Dad, me, and Mom midpoint

Me, Bobby, and Mom midpoint


Another good shot from the top

No comments: