Monday, February 23, 2009

Our Weekend

Kyndall had her first dance this weekend...she's in 8th grade, so it's not a HUGE deal, but she was "going" to the dance with a boy...even though"going" to the dance in Jr. High means meeting him there. =) Bobby did ask to meet the young man, Will. When we dropped her off he wasn't there yet, but when Bobby picked her up he got to meet him and embarass Kyndall a bit. =) Here are a few pics of her and I doing her hair and then before she left in her cute little outfit.


Kyndall's Rockin' Do - Having a little fun with her hair before the final product

Watch out Will - Daddy's got some guns! =)

Cute!


On Saturday, Bobby and I got baptized. I have never been baptized, although I don't know why it took this long. It was one of those things that I always thought I should be doing, but for some reason, it never happened. Last year, I read the Bible, front to back, for the first time and something really struck me that gave me the final push to get baptized. It's in Matthew 3:13-17 where Jesus is getting baptized by John the Baptist. Up until this point in His life in the Bible, there hasn't been a lot told about Jesus - obviously, His birth, and then one other minor story about Him when He was a young boy. Before He gets baptized, Jesus said, "It should be done, for we must carry out all that God requires." Then, Jesus gets baptized and it is said that once He was baptized that the heavens were opened and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and settling on him. After the baptism, Jesus performs miracle after miracle until His death. Now, I may be drawing conclusions where I shouldn't, but I have a feeling that there is a direct link between Jesus' baptism and that being the point that we then read about all the miracles He performs and the life of love that He has. Once this hit me, I realized it was a tool that God uses in people still on earth. It is my job to position myself for God to use me, and baptism is a huge area that I can do that. I am here on earth for God to use, and it would be sad if I didn't put myself in the position for Him to do His work. And if I could do 1/1000000 of what Jesus did on earth, I'd be a success...so, just like all else in life, we must follow His lead!

Anyway, Bobby and I made the decision together a while ago to do this once we were married. Like I said above, I know this is something I probably wished I would've done a long time ago, but on the other hand, God's timing is perfect. In this way, Bobby and I were able to get baptized together for the first time...and that was so special for us. Also, Bobby was able to get baptized first, and then he baptized me....definitely something we will always treasure, and a day we will always remember. We were able to have the girls there, Bobby's brother, wife and their three kids and then our friends and mentors, Greg and LuAnn there for the baptism.

That's one of the pastors at CCV - Dennis Bloodworth - he also married us! He is explaining the significance of baptism and also prayed with us before we went in the water.

Bobby confirming his faith and belief in God and Jesus as being the Lord of his life. The water was pretty darn cold, by the way, one of the heaters blew out the day before!

Dunked!

My turn!

Praise God! But it's still really cold! =)

Post-baptism pic

Just the two of us!


Now we're REALLY cold and soggy wet!

We were so happy that it happened and were were able to get baptized together, and with Dennis baptizing us. Originally, we signed up to get baptized with another pastor we didn't really know since he is the pastor over our neighborhood for the church in the Phoenix-area. Once it got closer to the day of the baptism, we hadn't heard for the church anymore about the details for the day and we thought that was weird. I called CCV, and didn't hear back...finally I emailed Dennis on Friday night before and he quickly stepped up to the plate and said he would defnitely do it for us the next day. It would have been easy to get frustrated at the church for dropping the ball on this thing that we know they feel is a huge deal...and it was tempting to (especially when we realized the pastor that we signed up with was out of town that weekend, and there was no record that we were getting baptized at all). But, the way God works is great, because we ended up getting Dennis to baptize us, which has such a personal meaning to us since we had him as the pastor at our wedding too. There's always a meaning for everything...even if it feels like someone has done something deliberately against you! This is just another example of how God knows all and sees more than we will ever see!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my!! I know the feeling. I was obviously sprinkled as a child but never fully understood baptism until I got to my new church. I was baptised in June of 2008 and it has since changed my world. I understood what the words meant, and what I was doing in the water. It wasn't me just getting sprinkled as a baby with no recollection of it, I had a say in it. I love that you and Bobby did it together. I am so happy for you both! My baptism just can't be put into words for me. It was one of the hardest choices in my life. I was the first to actually choose this, and one of the easiest. I want to be everything God wants me to be so I knew it had to be done. I am just So overly excited for you both!

Nichole said...

I am so happy for you guys! Congratulations! What a blessing to be able to do it together.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Dani and Bobby - how great you could do this together. I love reading your blog - so inspirational - keep writing!
Susie