Sunday, March 22, 2009

Quicker than I thought!


I got to this post a lot sooner than I thought! I posted all my San Diego pics to Facebook, and then linked them below. It is soooo much easier to post pictures to Facebook than on Blogspot, so I just did it this way...I did upload a few pictures right here for a little preview!

All in all the five days were awesome...we kept it cheap and didn't do the typical Disneyland or Sea World...but I will tell you this...there is PLENTY to do in San Diego for free...and I know there was so much more that we didn't even get to! We did a lot of beach time, obviously. Also went to Balboa Park, which is a neat park that has 14 museums around it - and on Tuesdays several are free to the public. So we hit several of the museums while walking around the park. Also, La Jolla beach - gorgeous beach and area and then the sea lion at La Jolla Cove is a must too. They just sunbathe on this cove, and you can watch them. It was actually very interesting if you stayed around and watched for a while - we even saw a fight break out because a mommy sea lion was protecting her little one! It was really neat - but didn't smell too nice! =) Oh, and downtown San Diego is cool too - we found a little area called the Gaslamp Quarter, which had tons of shopping and cool restaurants - the girls loved that area and just walking around. Coronado Island is so pretty too with the big ol' bridge over to the island! And if you like to hike and are in the San Diego area ever - make the short trip to Torrey Pines Park. We had really foggy weather, so we couldn't see the gorgeous views, but it was still soooo neat to hike up these mountains, right off the ocean. It is said that you can sometimes see whales and dolphins at certain spots on clear days....not so much for us...we couldn't even see the ocean that day with the fog and it was right in front of us! All in all, great times with the girls...had a ton of fun, especially since it was a cheap trip! It just shows that great times with the family making memories doesn't have to cost a bunch of money!

The drive there

Gorgeous Drive!

One of my favorite pics - right when we got to San Diego

Ocean Beach - Our hotel was located directly on the beach, which was perfect!

La Jolla Beach - gorgeous!

La Jolla Cove - Sea Lions!

After a day at La Jolla Beach!

Cuties!

On our hike at Torrey Pines

More pictures:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=67263&id=511058149&l=859e8c24db

I had to post a video of the sea lions...especially how they get around! I mean...I guess it makes sense that they look goofy, since they don't have legs to walk on, but the flopping around is funny and cool to watch!

1 comment:

AbbyMel said...

This brings back so many memories for me. I loved La Jolla...my aunt used to work right there and could look out at that beach everyday!! I also loved Coronado...that is where we were one whole day. I am so glad you liked it, San Diego is so much fun!