Saturday, May 16, 2009

Family Trip Post - LONG Overdue!!!!

Okay, so this post is soooo long overdue...but better late than never, right?! Right. The entire family came the last week of April. I met them at the airport and got to see them all get off the plane...I hadn't seen my sister and family in a long time! Kiara gave me a big hug and I picked her up and twirled her around a bit. She's so cute. Vera did good on the plane...so, it all started off pretty well! We drove to their house that they rented for the week and then Bobby met us there and we ate dinner together. The next day was filled with pool time at our house. My friend Jen and her hubby and kids came over too. Lots of swimming and fun. Overall a great day. The next day, since it wasn't a weekend we had Kyndall and Megan, we asked to have them for the day, so they got to go to church with us and then hang out for the day. Another day of swimming and fun!

The next few days were filled with Cubs games (yes, my family schedules trips to see us when the Cubbies are playing the D-backs!), horse riding (Kiara got to ride her white horse - by herself!), mini-golf, hiking, shopping and more swimming. Lots of great restaurants too...since Central Illinois doesn't have the widest selection of restaurants, it's always an opportunity to catch some good meals here. Pei Wei was a new one - the more casual version of PF Changs. And it's pronounced Pay Way, not Pee Wee, by the way Ryan! =)


My sister and family left the next Friday and my parents stuck around for another weekend. It was great to have them here for a little extra time - plus the girls were with us for the weekend, so it was great for them too....especially since Kyndall and Megan scored a little shopping time with Mom! =)


This is a extremely shortened version of everything that happened, but I think I waited way too long to write I guess! There are several pictures below...the entire set is on my Facebook page...the link is below. Even if you don't have a Facebook account, you will still be able to view them, by the way.


www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=76879&id=511058149&l=40675557a6


I love this picture...the next one is from a year and a half ago...my other favorite picture of them!


How they've changed since 2007!



Vera eating her noodles at Pei Wei...she even ate some edamame!




This was exactly what Kiara looked like for most of the trip!




What a great picture - Bobby and I's little buddy!



Family Pic!



My awesome parents at dinner one night


Cutie! Can't handle how amazing her eyes are!



The night of the Cubbies game - she's my little twin!




Kiara and Addie - my friend Jens little girl. So cute!






I love this picture...she was definitely Bobby's little sidekick on this trip!

No comments: