Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

I know this is a little early...but I have a feeling this may be the last chance I have to write a blog this year! I wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and to challenge everyone to remember the reason for the season...and to read Luke 2 before any presents are opened to help remember that reason. I will definitely miss all my family and friends that are far away this Christmas...and wish we could celebrate together...hopefully next year! Anyway, know that I miss and love you all.


Also...Happy New Year! Again, I will deeply miss everyone that I cannot celebrate with...especially since I will be celebrating as Dani Marin! I cannot wait...and so excited for all those family and friends that will be with Bobby and I. Of course, there are many that can't be with us, so we are sad for those that cannot make it. It's been a crazy time for family and friends - lots of unforseen circumstances that have changed plans for coming to our wedding unexpectedly. Please know for all of those family and friends that couldn't be here that I pray for each of you daily with all the good and bad happening in your lives....and Bobby and I will deeply miss you on our big day.

An especially big shout out to my sister, Ryan, Kiara.....and (drum roll please!) Vera!!!! I just got to see Vera via webcam this morning with her new family....she is so CUTE! She can do SO BIG (I got to see that on the webcam)...and it's SO CUTE! She is officially with her new family now and not in the orphanage...and it's so weird to see her on the webcam while they are in Russia...usually it's just videos on Nikki's blog. So weird...but so wonderful! But...they will not be here for the wedding after all. As much as I was praying for that miracle to happen, it's not what God wants....and Dani's okay with that. =) I am so happy that Nikki and Ryan have their whole family together for Christmas....and at least they have their plane tickets they were supposed to use for the wedding to use later in the year to come and see us! Oh...and I booked a flight to IL at the end of January too....so I will officially meet Vera then. Can't wait!

Also, I wanted to make note that my cousin Lori is due any day, and we will miss her at the wedding....my best friend Jen is prego as well and too prego to travel...she will be deeply missed....and Jamie, another great friend, won't be able to come in the end either...so please know that we miss you here! Please pray for all of these three for health, comfort and peace.

I'll leave you with a couple pics that Bobby, the girls and I took for Christmas.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!!


Merry Christmas from the Marins!
One of my favorites!

I love this picture!

Cuties!

Talk to you next year! =) I'll have PLENTY of pics to share then!

2 comments:

Nichole said...

Those are GREAT pictures! I am so glad that you got to see Vera. I can't wait for you to meet her. I think it is finally starting to hit me that I won't be at your wedding. I wish soooo much that we could all be there. Have a great day and I will talk to you lots before then. Love you all!

AbbyMel said...

I will miss you too! I hope your Arizona Christmas is a great one. I am sitting here watching it rain/sleet/snow! Hang in there with your wedding, I hear that you have a great matron of honor. Your mother is a wonderful lady! I wish I was there to celebrate it, but maybe soon I can....Have a good one