Wednesday, October 15, 2008

New Kids on the Block...Let's Rock!

Oh yeah, that's right...I went to the New Kids concert last Monday. It was awesome. I love their new CD...as well as the old stuff (of course!). They are still great performers after all these years...it really was a fun night. Natasha Bedingfield opened for them ("Unwritten", "Pocket Full of Sunshine", and that song that goes..."I love you, I love you, I love you!"), and she was awesome as well. Poor Bobby went with me (was supposed to be a friend of ours that went...she actually was the one that asked me to go...but then accidentally booked a trip back to her home state on top of the New Kids concert date, so she had to give up her ticket...she was totally bummed too - she was a MAJOR fan like me, back in the day!)....anyway, Bobby had a fun time...he may not admit that to anyone but me, but he did...trust me! =) The fans were crazy though....screaming screaming screaming! Just like 18 years ago when I went before - no lie! It was definitely a little hard to hear after we left because of all the fans yelling and screaming for two hours. The average age was around my age - 25. Ha...I kid, I kid. Average age was 30-35 and some of them had their old school New Kids t-shirts, buttons, jean jackets, etc. on...it was great...loved it all. Bobby even bought me one of those big New Kids buttons, like I had 18 years ago (girls, you remember - they were almost the size of your head with the New Kids picture on it!). It is now proudly positioned on the entertainment center shelf! For those that couldn't make it, I am uploading some pictures and video for you...because I know...secretly inside yourself...you're jealous you didn't get to go!

Oh...and disregard the singing in the background! It was so loud in there I didn't think you would be able to hear it on the video! Sorry!!!!!



Bobby and I - pre-concert

The boys


The final bow - Danny, Donnie, Jordan, Joey, and Jon! Woohoo! =)



You got the right stuff...baby.......

"Single" - one of their newest songs

Another new song...they appeared in the middle of the audience with a spinning platform with a piano!

Step by Step - oldie but goodie!

2 comments:

AbbyMel said...

I was a big Joey fan....maybe now a days he's Joe! I still have an old t-shirt with them on it. I would've let you borrow it!

Nichole said...

Joey was my favorite, too! I couldn't hear you sing, Dani, I was looking forward to it! LOL